It's been my privilege to have attended a couple of 'live' lectures by Sir Christopher: they were hugely entertaining as well as well as effortlessly erudite - and totally unscripted, it seems. Some of his (many) asides and tangential throwaway comments, which I'm sure would / could  never be published are very funny indeed. Not at all bad for someone just turned 81!

On 27 September 2014 12:25, Rickard A. Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Regarding Christopher Ricks Lecture "T.S. Eliot and the Great War":

> No broadcast?
> Peter

It was video recorded but there will be no dissemination of the video at Ricks' request. Probably because he used some previously unpublished material.

Ricks has more lectures coming up soon.  I found the following info with a search.  I haven't yet read the Commentary Magazine article.

The second of two lectures by Christopher Ricks at Boston University
T.S. Eliot And The Second World War

Starts: 6:00 pm on Thursday, October 2, 2014
Ends: 7:00 pm on Thursday, October 2, 2014
Location: Katzenberg Center, 3rd Floor, CGS

http://alscw.org/news/?p=709

Three Talks by Christopher Ricks This Fall in Manhattan

October 1       More than One Waste Land
October 8       The strength to force the moment to its crisis: Thomas Hardy and George Eliot
October 22      Just Like a Woman? Bob Dylan and the Charge of Misogyny

http://www.bu.edu/editinst/about/eliot/

T. S. Eliot Comes Home to Boston

The Editorial Institute is pleased to announce that Professor Christopher Ricks has been invited to prepare a full critical edition of the poems of T. S. Eliot. The undertaking will complement publication of Eliot’s very extensive critical writings and of his letters.

Although Eliot was perhaps the foremost English language poet of the twentieth century and died more than forty years ago, his writings have never been collected before, and many manuscripts have been in restricted archives. The Complete Poems, to be published by Faber & Faber in Britain, will contain not only Eliot’s masterpieces such as The Waste Land and Four Quartets but also his Practical Cats, his translation of St. John Perse’s Anabase, and a number of unpublished or neglected verses.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/t-s-eliot-and-prejudice-by-christopher-ricks/

T. S. Eliot and Prejudice, by Christopher Ricks'
03.01.90 - 12:00 AM | by Hilton Kramer

This is a very curious book. Its obvious mission is to relieve T.S. Eliot’s reputation of the charge of anti-Semitism, yet the intellectual strategy it adopts as a means of accomplishing this unachievable—and, in fact, unachieved—mission is one that so distends the concept of “prejudice” as to render it supererogatory. Christopher Ricks is too honest and intelligent a critic to engage in any wholesale denial of anti-Semitism in Eliot, yet his elaborate attempts to explain it tend, for the most part, to be attempts to explain it away, to drain it of its patent virulence and redefine it as an understandable, if not quite forgivable, example of the kind of prejudice we are all said to be guilty of to one degree or another. ...