'Too bad if the Scots don't realize that independence is the basis of all individual and group success and happiness.'

........Good that at least a majority had the sense to realize that 'independence' was an ill-considered pipe dream, with millions of detailed implications, many of them so needless and costly. Europe has been, to its immense benefit since the War, binding itself together: this proposed act of folly was the absolute antithesis. I am half-Scots by ancestry and live only about 35 miles from the border with England, which at present and quite rightly is barely noticeable - and long may it continue to be so. Scotland's present First Minister has not succeeded in his slick but superficial public relations campaign for independence. Below is the Boyd Clan crest and motto, but today I think it rather appropriate at least metaphorically to part the two erect fingers somewhat whilst gesticulating towards the Nationalists. But seriously, what's sorely needed now is reconciliation rather than further strife and division.