'Too bad if the Scots don't realize that independence is the basis of all
individual and group success and happiness.'

........Good that at least a majority had the sense to realize that
'independence' was an ill-considered pipe dream, with millions of detailed
implications, many of them so needless and costly. Europe has been, to its
immense benefit since the War, binding itself together: this proposed act
of folly was the absolute antithesis. I am half-Scots by ancestry and live
only about 35 miles from the border with England, which at present and
quite rightly is barely noticeable - and long may it continue to be so.
Scotland's present First Minister has not succeeded in his slick but
superficial public relations campaign for independence. Below is the Boyd
Clan crest and motto, but today I think it rather appropriate at least
metaphorically to part the two erect fingers somewhat whilst gesticulating
towards the Nationalists. But seriously, what's sorely needed now is
reconciliation rather than further strife and division.