I was there on Wednesday & saw 1 adult and 7 juveniles. I also saw 2 adults & 6 juveniles on July 17. They were in the area you described both times. The first time I saw them the Common Gallinule was going after the Coots for getting to close to her babies.

I also did not see one shorebird the while time I was there.

Jennifer Hammett
Shawnee, Kansas

Sent from my iPhone