We see fewer waders in the Southeast and adjacent Illinois as well. People are completely intolerant of nesting colonies and the associated noise and odors, unfortunately. Every colony  I have known about in the last 20 years has either seen the trees cut or bulldozed, or the birds harassed to the point that they abandon the site.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

________________________________
 From: Charlene Malone <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 1:57 PM
Subject: ILLINOIS Endangered/Threatened species list

More diversion......

FYI birders/naturalists on the east side of MO and west
side of IL.

ILLINOIS species lists of endangered species:
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/ESPB/Documents/ETChecklist2011.pdf

PLEASE note the listing of the smaller waders which
use to be a sure thing are now difficult to find on both sides
of the River in St. L area.
Glad to see that 15 B-C Night-herons were seen down
Confluence road so at least SOME are breeding in the area.
More disheartening is that we have only seen a few LBHs,
Snowies and NO MO Cattle Egrets, but then we have not been
out that much.....Anyone seeing large numbers?

The length of endangered/threatened plants is disturbing as well.

Back to the grind.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

---