We birded Confluence State Park this afternoon and finally found some habitat with water.  There were many wet areas along the road and we found 9 Least Sandpipers & 1 Spotted before the SP sign.  There were 14 Black-crowned Night-Herons in the willows along the road before the oil pipeline as well as a Beaver, 60 Great Egret, 18 Great-Blue Heron, 1 Little Blue Heron, 2 Green Heron, 7 Mississippi Kite, an immature Bald Eagle, a Peregrine Falcon, 3 Am. Kestrel, a Red-shoulder Hawk, and Wood Duck.  The gates at the dam at RMBS are closed so there is no shorebird habitat there. Some water on Cora Island Rd. produced many Killdeer, 2 Least SP, and ETS.  Columbia Bottom was also dry, but there were a few good birds along the trail to the Confluence including Baltimore Orioles & Red-headed Woodpeckers.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves

Sent from my iPad