Greetings,

While outside work this evening about 6:30 pm, I first heard then saw multiple Eastern Kingbirds overhead. I managed to count 10 birds in flight calling. More may have already passed over and out of sight prior to my observation.

It would appear that the birds are beginning to anticipate their Fall Migration by beginning to gather in groups. I have noticed that our Red-winged Blackbirds down by the pond have been absent now about two weeks as with the Brown-headed Cowbirds in which I can only assume that they are joining other blackbirds species.

It's not a species presence that is most noticeable as much as their absence at times.

As of yesterday, our resident E. Kingbirds are still present down by the pond - I believe still tending juveniles from their second brood.

Just a "for what it's worth".

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."   JOHN MUIR

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/