Hi, everyone,

Going back to Keya’s e-mail, and in case any other journalist is in need of legal advice or representation, a good place to contact is the Media Legal Defence Initiative (MDLI). The London-based MDLI offers help to journalists, bloggers, and independent media under legal threat, and also provides funding to organizations for legal assistance or litigation activities that safeguard media freedom.

You can find more information on their website, and also contact them by e-mail: [log in to unmask].

Also, at GIJN we’ve compiled two lists of different organizations that provide emergency support to journalists in danger and legal defense for journalists.

Best regards,

Gabriela./

Gabriela Manuli
Deputy Director