Last time I was out birding was July 1st of this year. Steve Kinder and I went to Squaw Creek NWR to see what was around.
So this morning I decide to see what might be around the oxbow lakes south of Saint Joseph. Perhaps some shore birds would be moving through.
Well, I did see or hear 43 species of birds but the only shorebirds I saw were a few Killdeer. Here is the list of birds I ended up with:

Canada Goose
Mallard
Northern Bobwhite
American White Pelican
Great Egret
Great Blue Heron
Red-tailed Hawk
Killdeer
Ring-billed Gull
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Red-headed Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Great Crested Flycatcher
Western Kingbird
Eastern Kingbird
Blue Jay
Horned Lark
Purple Martin
Tree Swallow
N. Rough-winged Swallow
Bank Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Barn Swallow
House Wren
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Chipping Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting
Dickcissel
Bobolink
Red-winged Blackbird
Western Meadowlark
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

ASM Fall Meeting: September 26-28, 2014 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park Details and Online Registration