From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cathy Keane
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 9:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Strange Encounters of the Bird Kind

David: Not exactly the same thing, but I'm still haunted by a sad memory from one of the SLAS trips to Carlyle Lake - on the exterior of a building near the shelter where our group had set up, I saw the body of a big woodpecker dangling from the siding; one of its feet had evidently gotten stuck in there for good. I wondered how long it had suffered before expiring from exhaustion.

Sorry for the downer. It made me glad to hear that your story has a happier ending - great work!

Cathy Keane
STL City