Drove up Highway 79 to BK Leach this evening looking for King Rails.I did not find any but I did find 2 pairs of Moorehens. they were in the marsh across the road from the BK leach conservation area sign on Highway M. I also was lucky to see a least bittern fly from one side of the road to the other over near the maintenance shed, Acres and acres of cattails in this area, no telling how many Least Bitterns are hiding in this area.

Dave Haenni
Des Peres, Mo

ASM Fall Meeting: September 26-28, 2014 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park Details and Online Registration