We started at the Weldon Spring Interprative Center.  Grasshopper Sparrows were vocal and easily observed.  Other fun sightings included Blue Grosbeaks and around 15 Rough-winged Swallows that would just envelope the area and leave.  Northern Bob White and an Eastern Meadowlark also made their presence known.
Darst Bottom Road was also active.  We were able to study several imm. Horned Larks along the gravel road.  West of the A/V Ranch sign, we came across a possible 2nd STFL pair.   Everything was the same as the known area, just transferred further away.  Would love to compare notes to any birders that have been to Darst recently.
Hampton Lake at Busch has an active Eastern Kingbird nest amongst others.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo

Sent from my iPhone

ASM Fall Meeting: September 26-28, 2014 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park