I finally had a chance to bird this year, so I headed to 3M Wetlands (Boone Co.) this morning. My favorite birds were two CLAY-COLORED SPARROWS feeding on the tail, but the most interesting bird (by far) was an uncooperative BREWSTER'S WARBLER (Blue-winged x Golden-winged Warbler hybrid) that was singing intermittently.

Almost all of the WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS were subspecies gambelii. Only ten full species of warblers (three singing GOLDEN-WINGED in one tree was a nice treat). LEAST FLYCATCHERS seemed to be calling from everywhere, but I conservatively counted only three individuals. I was disappointed to hear but one distant WARBLING VIREO....the only vireo I encountered this morning!

Roughly 60 species. Full eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18232528

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas