Observed a lone Sandhill Crane 4/21 originally at the northern boundary of E.B. at about 7 a.m. then at about 7:30 am saw it fly south toward and into/along side of corn stubble at the end of the first one way loop.

A drake Pintail was observed at the far south one way loop. A crippled Greater White-fronted Goose was in pool 5 pretty close to the road - left wing drooping.

Palm, Yellow, Prothonotary, Yellow-throated, Yellow-rumped Warblers, N. Parulas, L. Waterthrush and Common Yellowthroats all observed.

Minimum 8 Lark Sparrows present with a several already paired up it seems. Savannah Sparrows nearing at least one hundred in mass from multiple areas throughout the property.

A lone Black Crowned Heron observed across from the distribution channel pump house (same side of the road as the farm equipment area) in a small pool on west side of road (I believe as I'm not too familiar with the area). Also in this small pool were several Wilson's Snipe and at least two rather chatty Sora.

Only 6 Great Egrets observed today compared to the 15 observed this past Friday.

A minimum of 6 or 7 Warbling Vireos scattered about and seeming to favor willows.

There were a minimum 44 Lesser Yellowlegs in the farthest south pool where a large group of A. Coots, Gadwall, BW Teal and Norther Shovelers (as well as other dabblers) are congregating. Not sure the pool number, but it's as far as you can go due to the locked gate.

I could not locate the Yellow-headed Blackbirds. This is once again why I don't chase; although I do find all sort of other goodies to wet my palette (figuratively speaking of course).

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO