Now that the Ruby-Throats are showing up throughout the state, it's time for my annual reminder about feeding them.  Despite what you may read, the better ratio for feeding the Hummers is six parts water to one part sugar, NO red dye.

Before you decide to get all over my case, read the  "Audubon North American Birdfeeder Guide", pages 30-31, "Feeding Hummingbirds".  Author Stephen W. Kress, Ph.D., is a staff biologist for the National Audubon Society and a Research Fellow at Cornell University.  He started Project Puffin for the Society, and is also the author of the "Audubon Pocket Backyard Birdwatch".

Tom Creley
Perry County

Don't trust atoms -- they make up everything.