This is not an ASM generated asterisk (nor is the one for Black Vultures in areas where they have be expected to be seen for several years, nor for a few other species).  I am asking that someone representing the Missouri Bird Records Committee (MBRC) and someone representing eBird (whose designations are being adhered to by CACHE/SPARKS) answer Andrew's question on the listserv so all can have a better understanding of this feature, regardless of the species.

Thank you,

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator