This afternoon at Castlewood, there was a gathering of birds on the paved road and ground of parking area (past the railroad), which included Yellow-throated Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and a Prothonotary Warbler. Also in this group: several Indigo Buntings, a Swamp Sparrow, Tufted Titmice, Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatch, a Swainson's Thrush, and a Downy Woodpecker. Amazing views of these birds from the car!

I am fairly certain I saw a Broad-winged Hawk off the path that goes away from the river, off of the first parking area past the railroad. It was more compact than a Red-shouldered, shorter tail. It had a wide white band on the short tail, and only one band was clearly visible. No red shoulder area and it did not have that reddish coloration. When it flew, it was light underneath, with that noticeable tail band. The flight silhouette matches images of Broad-winged.

Another bird of note was a singing Cerulean Warbler!

My list from the afternoon:
Prothonotary Warbler
Cerulean Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler