I visited Eagle Bluffs Cons. Area from 4:15 pm until 6:45 pm and drove to the end of the road and over to Pool 2 on the side road. Lots of regulars including 2 wood duck, 260 Gadwalls, 6 Mallards, 680 Blue-winged Teal, 400 N. Shovelers, 2 N. Pintails, 175 Green-winged Teal, 3 Redheads, and 3 Ring-necked Ducks. We may do well on the migration count if we have these bird stay around. 12 Great Egrets, 1 adult Black-crowned Night-Heron in Pool 13, 660 Am. Coot, 5 Greater Yellowlegs, 46 Lesser Yellowlegs, 28 Pectoral Sandpipers, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 20 or more Cliff Swallows at bridge and Katy Pool, and 2 Rusty Blackbirds near the water in the ditch across the road from the causeway across the delivery channel.

On the way home there was one male Purple Martin along Vemer’s Ford Road at the house with all the martin  boxes about a half mile from Ben Williams road.

Brad

Brad Jacobs

Missouri Department of Conservation

P.O. Box 180