Thursday morning, I heard Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and discovered they were
building a nest in an ash tree near the driveway. The nest is probably 60 feet up in
the tree and I was able to get some photos and videos of these quick little birds
before the winds picked up. You can see them here:

http://hummerhavenunltd.com/blog

Still waiting for some new migrants to come through. I did see Turkey Vultures and
have had Brown-headed Cowbirds this week. I've heard the Eastern Phoebes, but I
think they may have decided to nest elsewhere after the Blue Jay raid on their nest
last year.

Toads are singing and mating. Bloodroot is almost finished, bluebells, celandine
poppies and golden currant are blooming. The bubbler pond was cleaned
yesterday. Bring on the birds!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO