June Newman and I met up for a day of birding to the north.  At Thousand Hills SP we were treated with the sight of 11 Common Loons.  Most were visible from the vicinity of the (not yet open) restaurant and marina area.  Other finds included several duck species, among them 2 female Common Mergansers; a bathing newly arrived Osprey; lingering juncos; and newly arrived Chipping Sparrows, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and Ruby-crowned Kinglets.

At Long Branch SP, a single Common Merganser eschewed the company of the multitudes of scaup and ruddies.  Gulls included 9 Bonaparte's and 1 Franklin's.

Full lists on SPARKS later.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/