Dorcas,

Mourning Doves have multiple broods each year.  There is very little time when they aren't somewhere in the process of reproducing/rearing.  Extremely cold weather may deter them; a steady food supply may accelerate the nest building (such as it is) and egg laying, despite cold weather.

Bodacious birding,

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO