Along with the more typical Wood Ducks and Mallards it was a good duck day
yesterday in Forest Park.  I saw two male Blue-winged Teal in the Steinberg
Prairie area along with two Great Egrets.

A pair of Gadwall were in Cypress Lake in the fish-hatchery ponds.  Very
vocal American Goldfinch on Government Hill.

Turtles, mostly Red-eared Sliders were everywhere trying to sun in the grey
skies.  First Common Snapper of the year was seen too.

I led an abbreviated monthly, public owl prowl due to the wet weather.
 Clothes were damp but spirits were not after seeing the two adult GHOWs
and their three fluffy owlets.

Sincerely,
Mark
--