Destination: The Live Bird Shops in Columbia’s Petco & Petsmart

Departure Point: Meet at 9 a.m. at Hooters, 1101 Woodland Springs Court, Columbia, MO

Special Guest Field Trip Leader: Y.B. Chat

Contact Phone/Email: Y.B. Chat - (277) 453-6657 or [log in to unmask]

World-renowned birder, Y.B. Chat, will lead us on a fascinating exploration of the Live Bird Shops in Columbia’s Petco and Petsmart. We’ll observe a wide variety of species including the Fancy Parakeet, Yellow Canary and everyone’s favorite, the Cockatiel!

Please bring your binoculars, spotting scope, FRS radio and credit card in case you’d like to take a new, feathered friend home. The trip will last 3 to 4 hours and we’ll have lunch afterwards at Hooters. For more info on the Cockatiel, check-out this YouTube video of the bird singing “If You’re Happy & You Know It:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9NZnpleU0s

Kevin Wehner

CAS Field Trip Chair

Columbia, MO