I took the dog over to the Zell tract on west side of Pershing SP this afternoon. Had a nice walk-about and couple FOY birds - Barn Swallow and a singing Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Brown Thrasher was singing in same place as last week. Two Fish Crows calling as they flew over. Lots of Eastern Meadowlarks all around. Kicked up Wilson's Snipe as I walked along, mostly one or two at at time, but had total of 73. Killdeer, 5 Pectoral Sandpipers, and 13 Greater Yellowlegs made up only other shorebirds. Couple hundred Pelicans soaring around, some Cormorants, and smattering of Ducks. Saw Song, Swamp, Savannah, Field, Vesper, and still quite a few AM Tree Sparrows, as well as DE Juncos.
   Road my bike around town this eve for first time in about 6 months. Nice ride, but sad to find dead male Eastern Towhee on the road in the middle of town. Had a female Purple Finch at the feeder this morning.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.