St. Louis Audubon Society is sponsoring a birding trip on Wednesday, April 9 in the fabled Hwy 79 corridor.  All are welcome and there is no charge to participate.  This is billed as an all day trip starting at 8:30 am and running until 5:00 pm at the latest, but we may bail out earlier if folks, and the leader, are getting tired.

Starting point:  Bittern Basin Unit of B K Leach

Time:  8:30 am start

Bring:  Lunch, water, binoculars, field guides, telescopes, shoes that can tolerate some wet walking if there has been rain recently.

Directions:  From I-70 west take Hwy 79 north.  Pass thru Winfield and Foley (speed trap in Foley) and just pass thru to the north of Elsberry.  Barely north of "downtown" Elsberry is County Road P going off to the right with a sign for Prairie Slough Conservation Area.  Turn right here and proceed about 1/2 mile over the first bridge to the first parking lot on the left.  We will meet here.

Toilet facilities:  There is a pit toilet at Prairie Slough and others will be found along the way.

Leader:  John Solodar

John Solodar
8135 Cornell Court
St. Louis, MO 63130