Christine’s call to arms is timely.  Not sure if a coalition of that magnitude has ever been formed in Missouri, but it would be a wonderfully powerful voice.  This is a pressing issue that deserves the full-force of such a voice, and I would encourage the various organization’s Conservation Committee chairpersons to band together for this fight.  Make these collective organization relevant, and all their members proud – let’s DO SOMETHING!

Yes, the timing sucks.  This project is a fast-moving train, and Spring migration is here.  We all have better, more entertaining plans for the next couple of months, but this is a big deal with long-term consequences.  Regret is a bitter pill to swallow, so can we all unite for this cause?  If we hit them hard and fast with a first-round knockout punch, maybe we can end the fight quickly and go about our business!  As a wise person once said, “GRASS ROOTS, BABY!”

So, where and when should we all meet to discuss?

Chris Hobbs

Lenexa, KS