Lost Valley Trail:
Started off at LVT today.  The trail held puddles but no problems for the 1.5 miles we did.
Several surprises there including 8 Rusty Blackbirds and discovering a second active Red-shouldered Hawk nest.
La. Waterthrushes were active.  We had at least 4.
A pair of Belted Kingfishers and  a Great Blue Heron patrolled the creek.
Ea. Phoebes were also active as was a pair of Blue Jays gathering leaves for nesting material.
Sparrows included Ea. Towhee, Fox, Song, White-throated and Swamp.
A Winter Wren was also observed.

Busch Wildlife Conservation Area
Lake #10 had 3 Great Egrets.
Hampton Lake had a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Yellow-rumped Warblers and Chipping Sparrows.
Barn and Tree Swallows were foraging over the water.
Paddlers included both Teal, Shovelers, Pied-billed Grebes, Buffleheads, Wood Ducks, Ring-necked and Canada Geese.
We saw several Northern Harriers, Red-tailed and Red-shouldered Hawks.
Lake# 33 was quiet.
A small raft of Ruddy Ducks and American Coots comprised most of the waterfowl.
A Canada Goose was sitting on a nest.

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo

Sent from my iPhone