Christine's call to arms is timely.  Not sure if a coalition of that
magnitude has ever been formed in Missouri, but it would be a wonderfully
powerful voice.  This is a pressing issue that deserves the full-force of
such a voice, and I would encourage the various organization's Conservation
Committee chairpersons to band together for this fight.  Make these
collective organization relevant, and all their members proud - let's DO
SOMETHING!

Yes, the timing sucks.  This project is a fast-moving train, and Spring
migration is here.  We all have better, more entertaining plans for the next
couple of months, but this is a big deal with long-term consequences.
Regret is a bitter pill to swallow, so can we all unite for this cause?  If
we hit them hard and fast with a first-round knockout punch, maybe we can
end the fight quickly and go about our business!  As a wise person once
said, "GRASS ROOTS, BABY!"

So, where and when should we all meet to discuss?

Chris Hobbs

Lenexa, KS