Hey one more tiny thing. The foregoing is not to suggest I can make a broader case. I note one critic’s observation that “...while 'the substance of the poem’ seems in one sense to become more terrible, as Tiresias universalises the narrator’s condition, in another sense ti becomes less so. Although it expands to include all people, it also includes other moods, responses and possibilities.,, they remain however only traces, emerging briefly…”

still joy demands a joyous

cheers Pete