"These fragments I have shored against my ruins
Why then Ile fit you. Hieronymo’s mad againe."

Just wished to share certain positive connotations associated with this madness.

In terms of its allusion, Hieronymo's assumed madness was madness for a purpose.
So is the poet's who might be deemed by the world as mad as Hieronymo.

Second, in order to accomplish something inordinate you have to be possessed by a certain frenzy,
a certain madness so to say.

Then there is the creative madness associated with poets. Plato attributed this madness, a sort of divine frenzy, to the poets. Possessed by that the poets became instruments of divine inspiration and wrote poetry. In the closing lines of 'Kubla Khan,' for instance, Coleridge celebrates this frenzy.

Fitting together disparate fragments salvaged from the wasteland into a pattern of order is no mean task. Only a poet under the intensity of a creative madness can accomplish that feat. The world may gloat over his madness but what matters is what he does with it.

Thanks,
CR