Dear Ken,
"evidence of it's shining effect would    be nice to see once in a while in place": For your reading pleasure. None are biography.
I'm not including articles, also not biography.

Nancy

Gender, Desire, and Sexuality in T. S. Eliot, Nancy K. Gish and Cassandra Laity, eds. London,
            Cambridge UP, (2004).
The Waste Land:  A Poemof Memory and Desire, Twayne, Boston (1988).Time in the Poetry of T.S. Eliot, Macmillan, London(1981).
But, FYI: "Drivel" is not specific or exact. Could you elaborate?