Sidebar:  for those in NY (or with online access) the latest weekly edition of The Village Voice has on its cover emblazoned "Free Verse" and contains 13 poems by well-known living contemporary NY poets (and their biographies of prizes and awards and publications), all of which pale in comparison to so many of Eliot's wordings.  Thus my near-constant emphasis that you do not need explications, historical footnotes or biographies to appreciate Eliot's artistry, most especially when compared to what is now held in esteem.  Eliot's poetry is simply great poetry.

Sent from my iPhone