I know this may be heresy but I am suggesting that the line also exists outside the Prufrock poem; that is, if tweeted it would evoke a sensory response in the anonymous reader because it is well-wrought and evocative.  Yes, of course, the context of the poem (including its historical place and time and the contemporaneous events in Eliot's life) do provide meaning but I "simply" think (or perhaps the better description is hear) that Eliot was masterful.  Il miglior fabbro.

Sent from my iPhone