There are certain 'themes" that unavoidably appear in _any_ text, even if
the writer is trying hard to avoid them. Two such themes are "appearance and
reality" and "chaos and order." Over the years many critics have made fun of
criticism grounded in the discovery of such. I would occasionally tell my
lit classes that if they ever found themselves at 1 a.m. with a paper to
complete for an 8 o'clock class, they should write on the  emergence of
order from chaos in any old text -- and could complete the paper by 3 a.m.

The following limerick is a powerful instance both of appearance (too many
syllables) & order -- successful rhythm emerging from the apparent chaos of
words in the last line.

There was a young man from Japan
Whose limericks never would scan
When told it was so
He said yes I know
But I always try to get as many words into the last line as ever I possibly
can.

See also

http://www.fasebj.org/content/22/8/2601.full

Carrol