On 4/1/2014 2:20 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:
> This makes no sense, since it obliterates the struggle in those poems to grasp (fine images for) the _intersection_ of a hypothetical timeless with time. The Timeless itself is by definition unknowable. I suppose some way-out heretics dream of a direct knowledge of the timeless.

      LOL --  First time through, experiencing my own deteriorating
vision, I thought the author above was Peter and wondered what turned
him into such an uncharacteristic sourpuss.  If the timeless is "by
definition" unknowable, how was it defined? The little jeremiad and
"decision" about 4Q reminds me of the Heraklitos' fragment:

   "Although logos is common to all, most people live as if they had a
wisdom of their own."

After rereading those poems about 3 times a week for two or three years (back in the late '50) I finally decided that they were an interesting failure with some striking passages.

    Come to think of it, Heraklitos would be quite the glitter star in the twitterverse.

   No fooling,
   Ken A

---