I found 8 SMLO at MDC part of Pawnee Praire yesterday at usual spot, along ridge south of parking lot. Had my FOY Field Sparrow greet me there also, as it flew up and landed on the gate.,[Hey, I was in Phoenix last week], Unexpected was a Striped Skunk that was walking around on top of the open ridge when I pulled in at 3:30 p.m. Thought probably something was wrong with it, but it appeared to be healthy and ambled off after looking up when I got closer to it. Saw a pair of Northern Harriers flying together when I was hiking around. Good number of Am. Tree Sparrows still around, and Song Sparrows really singing esp in the low areas.
    Found a flock of 15 SMLO at Dunn Ranch this a.m. at usual area on ridge west of the hdqtrs. Heard Turkey Gobbling and several RN Pheasants calling, but NO Greater Praire Chickens seen on the booming grounds. I was there at Dawn scoping from the roads where I viewed them last year. Will have to inquire from  DR Nature Conservacy staff as to what is going on with the birds this Spring??
  BTW- You do need permission from TNC to be on the area.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.