There will be a joint Columbia Audubon/St. Louis Audubon birding trip to Eagle Bluffs CA, Columbia, MO on Saturday, 3/22.  We will begin the trip at the Katy Trail Parking lot at 9:30 am.  We will caravan/carpool through Eagle Bluffs with stops to view waterfowl, shorebirds, raptors, and hopefully the Sandhill Cranes.  Lunch is planned at G & D Pizzeria/Steakhouse at the Crossroads Shopping Center, Columbia.

You need to bring your own snacks and water.  Spotting scopes will be helpful and bring your FRS radio if you have one.

St. Louis birders wishing to attend this trip have 2 options:

1.)  You can meet the group at the Katy Trail parking lot(directions below) at 9:30 am.

2.)  You can join the St. Louis group at 7:00 am and carpool/caravan to the meeting location.  We will meet at the MODOT commuter lot on the southeast side of the intersection of Hwy 94/Hwy 40.

The St. Louis group will leave Columbia after lunch and possibly stop at another birding spot on return to the commuter lot (weather and time permitting), hoping to return to the lot around 5:00 pm.

The Columbia organizers would like a count of how many will be attending this trip and having lunch at the restaurant.  Please email me if you would like to join this trip, and which traveling option works best for you, ASAP or by March 17th

Any questions?  Thank-you to CAS for this invitation, and the great opportunity to bird this excellent site with experienced, local birders.

Pat Lueders, St. Louis Audubon

Directions:  NOTE ROAD CLOSURE.  Scott Blvd. at Vawter School Rd. is closed for construction.  For those coming from the St. Louis area via I-70, take the US 63 south exit (Exit 128A), follow US 63 to exit for Grindstone Parkway.  Turn right at top of ramp and take Grindstone to a left turn (south) onto Providence Road.  Follow Providence Rd. a.k.a. Rt. K, to McBaine.  You will pass the Eagle Bluffs headquarters building (white with green trim) on the left, then the walled/bermed Columbia water plant on the right.  The turn into the Katy Trail parking lot is immediately after the water plant.