Today I had an all-day birding trip visiting several places -Carondelet Park,
Columbia Bottom CA, RMBS, and Busch CA - and ended the day with 54
species. The last bird of the day was an American Woodcock in a tall grass
area just east of Lake 23 in Busch CA. Last Saturday I failed to find
American Pipits Josh Uffman found in the area where Lapland Longspurs
and the Snow Bunting were seen a month ago in Columbia Bottom. Today I
found two of them in the same area where he saw American Pipits. I was
lucky this time. Here is the rest :
Carondelet Park - male Wood Duck, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (2), Northern
Flicker (5), Rusty Blackbirds (about 60), Brown Creeper
Columbia Bottom CA - Western Meadowlark ( just one), Eastern
Meadowlark ( four of them  - had no yellow mylar) near the parking area at
the intersection of paved and gravel roads; Pectoral Sandpiper ( seven of
them) and Wilson's Snipe (2) in the first pond along the gravel road.
RMBS - four species of gulls (Herring, Ring-billed, 2nd-cycle Thayer's, and
first-cycle Glaucous), Common Mergansers in Teal Pond, Snow Goose (just
one in Heron Pond), and Double-crested Cormorant ( 1 in Ellis Bay across
from Heron Pond0, ten species of ducks, and one second-year Bald Eagle.
Busch CA - Eastern Phoebe near the parking lot in the archery area and an
adult Bald Eagle at Lake 33. Killdeer, Northern Shoveler, one Green-winged
Teal, Blue-winged Teal (13 of them), Gadwall, Ruddy Duck, Lesser Scaup,
and one male Ring-necked Duck in Lake 33.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/