The prescribed burn area between Two Pecan Trail and Heron Pond attracted many birds this morning.  There were at least 4 American Golden Plovers, 10 Snipe, 1 American Pipit, many Killdeer, and flocks of blackbirds including Rusty, Brown-headed, Red-winged and a few Grackles feeding in that area.  We saw a second cycle Thayer's Gull across from Heron Pond in Ellis Bay.  Many diving ducks continued in Ellis Bay and dabbling ducks filled Heron Pond.  A pair of Mute Swans swam in Teal Pond, and we just missed a flock of 13 migrating swans, 12 Trumpeter and one Tundra.  In the afternoon, the Continuing Glaucous Gull was on a mud flat in Ellis Bay across from Teal Pond.  Another prescribed burn was being done south of the pit toilets.  A great way to enjoy the first day of Spring!

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

Sent from my iPad