Had FOY Purple Martin in NW Livingston Co. today. Heard first ones in Jamesport area, near by, arrived last week on the 12th. Hope they are finding enough to eat during the cold spells!. I also my saw first Turkey Vultures in this area, four at Jamesport Lake CA. A single Trumpeter Swan and 5 Common Mergansers there also. Still 29 TRUS at Fountain Grove CA last eve. Forgot to mention yesterday, saw a lingering Rough-legged Hawk along Ranch Road in Chariton Co.

Later,

Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.