Took a ride with my wife today and ended up at CCNWR. When we got there there were at least 5,000 Snows visible from the HQ parking lot. while we were there more birds kept dropping in from seemingly nowhere and I think the number grew to at least 8,000. The refuge appears to be ice free now. did not drive around much did see some Pintails, Mallards, HoodedMergansers and some Scaup on the lakenear HQ. Beautiful day to be out and about.

Dave Haenni
Des Peres , Missouri