At first glance I thought the colors in the second edition were an improvement over those in the first.  Some that were off in that edition had been fixed.  Unfortunately a closer look shows that the quality of the color is uneven.  Yes, some birds look better and some are just fine, but others look bad.  The Orange-crowned Warbler in particular looks very strange.  I'm going to return my copy (glad I haven't dropped it in a puddle or spilled anything on it yet) and hope for a better printing.

Sherry McCowan
Saint Louis, Missouri