At first glance I thought the colors in the second edition were an improvement over those in the first.  Some that were off in that edition had been fixed.  Unfortunately a closer look shows that the quality of the color is uneven.  Yes, some birds look better and some are just fine, but others look bad.  The Orange-crowned Warbler in particular looks very strange.  I'm going to return my copy (glad I haven't dropped it in a puddle or spilled anything on it yet) and hope for a better printing.

Sherry McCowan
Saint Louis, Missouri

On Mar 14, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Charlene Malone wrote:

> Wall Street Journal review of the New Sibley's
> http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/
> SB10001424052702303795904579433123870241020?KEYWORDS
> =Sibley&mg=reno64-wsj
>

> amazon.com reviewers are not so happy.
> http://www.amazon.com/Sibley-Guide-Birds-Second/dp/030795790X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394819836&sr=1-1&keywords=sibley+guide+to+birds+2nd+edition
>
> Just got mine yesterday and have not looked at it that closely yet.
>
> Good birding,
> Charlene Malone
> St. Louis co.

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City