Had a Rusty Blackbird in my front yard this morning--a yard first for me.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

From: Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 1:25 PM
Subject: Rusties no, kingfishers yes.

I visited three places where I have seen Rusty Blackbirds in
previous years.  No luck today.  MSSU wetland, Center
Creek Lagoon Webb City, and Walter Woods C.A.
I'll try again, of course, time permitting.
Brian and I had Rusties this time last year at MSSU.

Today I had Belted Kingfisher at all three stops.  They're
tough critters, and one of my favorites.

If you have time to get out, check for Rusty Blackbird, and
report in.  Those critters used to be regular when I was a lad.
Decidedly uncommon today, I agree.

Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.  certhia AT att.net  3-4-14.