Had a Rusty Blackbird in my front yard this morning--a yard first for me.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

________________________________
 From: Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 1:25 PM
Subject: Rusties no, kingfishers yes.

I visited three places where I have seen Rusty
Blackbirds in
previous years.  No luck today.  MSSU
wetland, Center
Creek Lagoon Webb City, and Walter Woods C.A.
I'll try again, of course, time permitting.
Brian and I had Rusties this time last year at
MSSU.

Today I had Belted Kingfisher at all three
stops.  They're
tough critters, and one of my
favorites.

If you have time to get out, check for Rusty
Blackbird, and
report in.  Those critters used to be regular
when I was a lad.
Decidedly uncommon today, I agree.

Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.
certhia AT att.net  3-4-14.