MoBirders,

Ellen and I just got home from Lake Remembrance, Blue Springs, MO observing 23 Trumpeter Swans on a very small amount of open water in the lake. Lake Remembrance is located just east of Adams Dairy Pkwy and I-70 on the north outer road. There were 22 adults and one immature. This is the second time that I am aware of, that a large number of swans have stopped at the lake. There is a good variety of ducks as well, including Common Merganser, Common Goldeneye, Greater Scaup, Hooded Merganser. A lot of the Canada Geese were starting to take off, but before they did we found three Cackling Geese.

Good Birding,

Jim & Ellen Zellmer
Blue Springs, MO