Destination: Various Backyard Bird Feeders in and Around Columbia, MO

Departure Point: Songbird Station, 2010 Chapel Plaza Court #C, Columbia, MO

Leader: Kevin Wehner

Contact Phone/Email: Kevin Wehner - (573) 815-0352 or [log in to unmask]

The 2014 Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) will take place Friday, February 14, through Monday, February 17. The Great Backyard Bird Count is an annual four-day citizen science event that engages bird watchers of all ages in counting birds to create a real-time snapshot of where the birds are.

You've heard of a Pub Crawl? Well, to help celebrate the 2014 GBBC, CAS is having a Backyard Bird Feeder Crawl! We'll carpool to various backyard bird feeders in and around the Columbia area. At each backyard feeder we'll count birds for 15 minutes or more, submit our checklist to eBird and then "crawl" to the next location.

Meet at Songbird Station’s parking lot at 8 a.m. The trip will be 3-4 hours long and will return to Songbird Station for coffee and donuts. For more info on the GBBC, visit http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc.

Kevin Wehner
Columbia Audubon Society Field Trip Chair
Columbia, MO