Thank you Josh Uffman for your wonderful find!  It inspired us to go and visit Young CA, a place we love - and which is gorgeous in winter. (Great place for butterflies, too!) Chrissy and I really lucked out today in seeing and refinding this bird at 2PM.  We found it hanging out just where you described.   What an experience! Frozen tree-lined creek, snow coming down softly and crunching under our feet, and bird delights sprinkled everywhere:  Bluebirds, Chickadees, Creepers, Golden-crowned Kinglets, Pileated, Downy, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Song Sparrows, Field Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, Fox Sparrows, American Tree Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Carolina Wren, Red-tailed and Red-shouldered Hawks, Hermit Thrush and Cardinals to name a few. Even an Eagle nearby.    We were able to get a few so-so photos of the Solitaire, but lighting was poor.  Here's a link to our best:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/12420587343/

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO