Years ago, I had an upside down suet feeder for the same reason, but my Starlings figured out how to hang upside down eventually.  I was hoping there was no connection between a learned skill and genetic changes......would hate to think I was responsible for the development of a super race of Starlings......

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St Louis CO, MO