About 4 pm today, 12 February 2014, a prairie falcon was first observe chasing horned larks and Lapland longspurs along M highway in s. Monroe County just west of CR 819. I disappeared over the corn stubble to the south of the road.  I was not able to find it for about 10 minutes but relocated it by going south along CR 819 about a quarter mile and found it on top of an old fence post about 300 yards to the west of a storage building. I was able to get some soft digiscoped images showing the strong facial mark.

Brad

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation
P.O. Box 180
Jefferson City, MO 65102
573-522-4115 ext. 3648

ASM Spring Meeting: May 2-4, 2014 in Jefferson City